Monday, April 13, 2009

Broadzilla's staff pix. Don't make me go Broadzilla on you.


1. Unforgiven: Clint Eastwood directs and stars in this modern western classic. Summary:Retired Old West gunslinger William Munny reluctantly takes on one last job, with the help of his old partner and a young man. Why I like it: Honestly I'm not a huge fan of westerns, but this one just tickles my fancy. I find that the plot is richer in this movie than in others, though it has the western feel.

2. Good-bye Lenin: It's German!!! Summary:In 1990, to protect his fragile mother from a fatal shock after a long coma; a young man must keep her from learning that her beloved nation of East Germany as she knew it has disappeared. Why I like it: It's silly with a serious undertone.

3. Turner and Hooch: Tom Hanks teams up with this adorable pooch. Summary:A detective must adopt the dog of a dead man to help him find the murderer. Why I like it: Once again, this is a silly movie, with dogs, and I like dogs. Though, I don't watch the ending.
4. King of Kong: a Fistful of Quarters:This video-game documentary rocks! Summary:In the early 1980s, legendary Billy Mitchell set a Donkey Kong record that stood for almost 25 years. This documentary follows the assault on the record by Steve Wiebe, an earnest teacher from Washington who took up the game while unemployed. Why I like it: This movie has a surprisingly good depiction of good and evil. You find yourself really rooting for something. Also these people are ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment